The Campaign to End Isolation
We are working towards a lofty goal: To end isolation in Winnebago County.
In 2008 the Women’s Fund celebrated our 10th year anniversary by giving 10 groups of 10 people each $10,000 to impact the lives of their peers. The initiative was called the Power of 10 and was accompanied with a promise to listen, then work to make a positive impact in the coming years on the everyday challenges and struggles these groups, and individuals like them, face every day.
As we listened, a reoccurring theme emerged. Women and girls of all ages reported feeling incredibly lonely.
<< Watch the video to find out more about what we learned.
To combat this issue, the Women’s Fund has dedicated its granting dollars to a public awareness campaign called the Campaign to End Isolation. Community members, social service agencies, health care workers, businesses, and other groups in our community will play vital roles in this effort to get our community talking about what isolation is, what it does and how we can all help end it.
Join the movement
- Make your pledge to end isolation.
- Contact us and volunteer to take a stand in the campaign isolation booths.
- Find more ideas on how you can help end isolation on our Stories and Pledges.
Thank you to all of the community partners who have been instrumental in making this campaign possible.
- Bergstrom Ford of Oshkosh
- Caramel Crisp & Cafe
- Thimke Jewellers
- The Shops at City Center
- Oshkosh Chamber of Commerce
- Starbucks - Murdock & Jackson
- Upscale Resale
- Valley VNA
- The Grand Opera House
- Oshkosh Public Library
- Christine Ann Domestic Abuse Services, Inc.
- The Paine Art Center and Gardens
- Oshkosh Area United Way
- Oshkosh Seniors Center
- CitizensFirst Credit Union
- Skier's Outlet